- The domain name www.nikshanonline.com (hereinafter referred to as “Website”) and the Trademark ‘Nikshan’ is owned by M/s. Nikshan Electronics, a Partnership firm incorporated under the Partnership Act,1932 with its registered office at Nikshan Arena, Bank Road, Kannur, Kerala- 670001 (hereinafter referred to as “Nikshan”/“We” which expression shall, unless it be repugnant to the context or meaning thereof, include its successors and assigns).
- In this Policy, “User”/“You” shall mean any person/persons and/or legal entity(ies) who visits, uses, deals with and/or transact on this Website or Mobile Application in any way. ‘Nikshan’ and ‘User’ have been collectively referred to as “Parties” and individually as “Party” in this Agreement.
- Collection of Personal Information
- We collect personal information from you when you set up a free account on our Website. While you can browse some sections of our site without being a registered member, certain activities (such as placing an order) do require registration. You would be receiving offers and mailers from us; in case you do not wish to receive them, you can choose to unsubscribe from the same.
- ‘Personal information’ for the purpose of this Policy includes the user’s personal information, which can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person, including name, email address, residential address, phone number, photograph and other information collected by Nikshan to provide specific services to the user through the Website. The user has the option not to provide User Information if the user wishes not to avail the specific service for which the User Information is required.
- If any user is providing any User Information on behalf of any corporation, company, institution, association or other entity, the user should be authorized by such corporation, company, institution, association or other entity to provide such information to Nikshan.
- Nikshan receives, scrutinizes and stores User Information such as IP address, login id, email address, password, devise connection information transaction history, date, time and duration of session on the Website for security and technical reasons.
- Nikshan automatically receives the URL of the site from which a user came and the site to which the user goes when the user leaves the Website. The Website receives the IP address of the user’s computer and the type of web browser a user is using, and the email patterns, etc. Nikshan will occasionally ask the user to complete optional online surveys. These surveys may ask the user for contact information and demographic information (e.g. zip code, age or income level)
- Use of Information & Disclosure
- Sharing of Personal Information
- We may share personal information with our other group entities and affiliates to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts; correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of our services; and to facilitate joint or co-branded services that you request where such services are provided by more than one corporate entity. These entities and affiliates may not market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-in.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information stored by a Web Server on a Web Browser so it can be later read back from that browser. Cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user. Our Website may use/add both permanent and temporary cookies in your computer’s hard drive. Our Website cookies do not contain any of your personally identifiable information.
- Security & User Restriction
- Nikshan implements standard measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception of the User Information. However, no internet site can fully eliminate security risks. Nikshan endeavors to take all measures to protect the security, integrity and confidentiality of the User Information against unauthorized breach and hacking. For the purpose of checking possible vulnerabilities and attacks, Nikshan may conduct periodical internal review of data and security measures on the Website. Nikshan may use such software as it determines is best for maintaining security. However, the internet is not absolutely a secure environment, and the Website cannot ensure or warrant 100% security of the User Information.
- If any user is provided with any identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of the Website’s security procedure, the user should treat such information as confidential, and the user should not disclose it to any third party including to other users. To prevent third party access to the Website, the user should sign out from the user account after availing the services through the Website. Nikshan has the right to disable the identification code or password, whether chosen by any user or allotted by Nikshan, at any time, if the user fails to comply with the instructions or terms, conditions or policies of Nikshan.
- The user is solely responsible for the activities that occur under the user’s account including the confidentiality of the user’s password and Nikshan is not responsible for the same. While using and accessing the Website, the user is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the user’s account and for restricting access to the user’s computer or other system or equipment through which the user uses and accesses the Website.
- General Terms
- The User Information resides in Nikshan’s database for a certain period of time even after the user ceases to use or access the Website and in such cases Nikshan is not liable for any usage of the User Information after the user ceases to use or access the Website.
- The Users agree and acknowledge that User Information collated through the Website could be stored and processed in any other country across the world. The users acknowledge that for effective provision of the Website’s services in respective territories including territories outside India, the User Information may be stored or processed by trusted third parties. Whenever the User Information is shared with trusted third parties in countries outside India, Nikshan endeavours that the User Information is transferred in accordance with the applicable laws in India.
- The User should be aware that the User Information or other data, the User provides to the Website for availing the services or transacting through the Website could be read, collected, or used by other users or third parties in which case the User Information might be used for sending unsolicited messages or communications for which Nikshan is not responsible.
- The user agrees and acknowledges Nikshan’s right to utilize the user’s posts, contents, information and other personal data for the purpose of providing services through the Website. The contents on the Website may contain comments, posts and reviews posted by the users which may be public and searchable on the internet in which case the user’s comments, posts, reviews and information and personal data provided to the Website may be viewed by other users and Nikshan cannot guarantee that other users or third parties have not made copies of or used the ideas and information that the user has shared on the Website.
- Limited liability
Nikshan, nor any of its sources would be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to: damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of the information made available on this web site. Information on Nikshan Website may not be reproduced, copied, or altered without the expressed, written consent of Nikshan and its affiliates.
- Force Majeure
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, Nikshan shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of the User Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event. A “Force Majeure Event” means any event that is beyond the reasonable control of Nikshan, and includes, without limitation, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes, lock outs or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, power failure, sabotage, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, system failure, virus, attacks, bugs, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption
- Privacy Grievance and Contact
Phone: 0497 270 4664